April 18, 2011
by kimberly reuther
Ahh, it’s spring, the season of fresh flowers and fresh ideas for your home. No doubt, you’ve been cleaning out cabinets and getting rid of things to prep for the summer months. If your cabinets are like mine, you have a multitude of glass vases from flowers being sent to you.
But that’s where you get stuck. How do I display these simple vases without shelling out money every week for fresh flowers?
Here are a few examples for spring parties or everyday arrangements for spring.
1. Ultra simple, white candles and rocks. White candles come in a variety of shapes and sizes so you should have no problems finding one to fit your vase. You can add rocks to anchor the candle and the result is an understated addition to your dining table.
2. Collected works. Scavenge your home or garage sales for mis-matched vases of a similar color scheme. No need to add fancy flowers, wild flowers from your garden add a hint of nature while the vases make the statement.
3. Add pops of color for super cheap! Plain old food coloring, water and white candles mixed together and voila! Instant centerpiece!
4. Fresh flowers aren’t out of your league. Buy an inexpensive mixed arrangement and break it up in many different vases. One flower per vase can look beautiful, it’s all about how you arrange it.
5. Who says vases are for flowers? Use what you have around your house or garden to fill the vases and add color to your table. Lemons and limes are great because they are small and vibrant. Use your imagination and make it up as you go along!